Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Aaj Socha To

Aaj socha toh, aansoo bhar aaye
Muddatein ho gayi muskuraye


Har qadam par udhar mudke dekha
Unkee mehfil se hum uth to aaye
Aaj socha toh...


Well, not that I have not been thinking, but today, it just struck me with a bolt: when was the last time I laughed openly, heartily, wantonly, fearlessly. I have been fooling around, making jokes, and pulling legs with friends, but there is always that undercurrent of fear and hopelessness which refuses to go.

My favorite lines of the ghazal sums up the situation:

Rah gayi zindagi dard banke,
Dard dil mein chhupaaye chhupaye
Aaj socha toh...


Ten words, and they simply sum up what I have been trying to convey in the past few posts!

(The ghazal is written by Kaifi Azmi and tuned by Madan Mohan for the film Hanste Zakhm, and is sung beautifully by Lata Mangeshkar)
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home