Friday, May 20, 2005

The Man

Opposite the west gate (I think) of the Palace, stands a man. He is skinny, scawly and dilapidated but wears impeccably ironed and neat white-and-black national outfit of the country. He stands with the aid of the crutches. His narrow and old eyes do not waver from the gate on the opposite end of the road. He is oblivious to the rushing cars in between. His lips tremble, or perhaps, he mumbles a prayer.

Over the days, I have seen him stand on the same spot. He does not move an inch. Why is he there ? What does he do ? How does he survive? What time does he go for his lunch ? From where does he get the strength to stand without even the slightest movement or shift of the body weight ?

Lots of questions run my mind whenever I see him. I have not got any answer as yet except for the mumbles from my over-active, over-fertile brain. Perhaps, he is devoted to the powers that live within the palace. Or, maybe he is a spy in disguise to observe and look-out for any trouble maker at the palace. I do not know. But, I do wish to know. Some day, I shall find out.

Some day...
|

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go n ask the next time or are u day dreaming again...lol :D

5:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont want to sound too intruding...but then, i did mention that i was not going to speak truth alone here ha ha ha :D

NANPTK

6:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea yea u fib i know that too :P btw NANPTK sounds more like NANA PATEKAR's short....lol =))

6:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nana Patekar ? grrrr... please dont remind of him! I dont like him.

9:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home